Responsible Server Training (RST) is designed to give those who serve or sell alcohol and their employers a comprehensive server-training program without demanding hours of time.
Those who complete Responsible Server Training will:
- Learn how alcohol affects the brain.
- Be able to identify behavioral indicators used to assess a person’s level of intoxication.
- Learn about New York State Alcohol Beverage Control Law.
- Learn about personal liability.
- Learn about personal responsibility.
- Learn how to properly check identification.
- Identify potential underage customers.
- Learn how to properly document any incidents.
Participation in RST has many benefits. The training is designed to help anyone who is serving or selling alcohol to comply with the law. Participation may offer some protection from legal problems or lawsuits if an alcohol related incident occurs. In addition, some insurance companies offer discounts to businesses whose employees are trained.
The greatest benefit is that RST helps keep communities safer.
Certifications: All participants will receive individual 3-year certifications when training is completed. Each training session lasts from 2-3 hours.
Types of Trainings offered:
- Off-Premise-addresses issues such as alcohol retail for grocery stores and convenience stores, as well as community based events like fundraisers and festivals.
- On-Premise-addresses more complex issues for owners, managers, and servers of bars, restaurants, convenience stores, and liquor stores.
Location/Time: We provide several trainings per year, and special requests.
Cost: At this time, we offer the training at NO COST to Allegany County Businesses and community planning committees such as, fire departments and public servants, as well as civic clubs.
Contact: Allegany Council on Alcoholism and Substance Abuse at (585) 593-1920 x719
*Certified by NYS Liquor Authority